Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh yea, another milestone passed.

10/20/2010: Loremaster of Kalimdor completed.
10/20/2010: 3000 Quests achievement completed, rewarding a new title: the Seeker.

I am now Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Outland.

Remaining are: Nothing Boring About Borean, The Summit of Storm Peaks, and Icecrown: The Final Goal.

Storm Peaks and Icecrown have some quests already completed, but I have done a whopping five quests in Borean Tundra.

Getting Kalimdor done wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When I finished Eastern Kingdoms, I had something like 400/700 done for Kalimdor. It looks like a tough climb at the time but I did some research.

First, if you are going after Loremaster, you MUST use the EveryQuest addon. It is an invaluable resource. Combined with the LightHeaded add-on it can show you data from wowhead inside the game client for tips and clues on the location of certain mobs/NPCs/items you need.

My first steps were to clean up unfinished quests around Kalimdor. I started in Teldrassil / Darnassus then moved into Darkshore, through Ashenvale, then into Felwood and Winterspring. Then I swung down through Tanaris, Un'Goro (Linkin's boomerang chain completion), Thousand Needles and Feralas.

Then I hit up quest hubs I knew that I had never touched when I initially leveled up way back in the dark ages of 2004/2005.

The big untouched quest hubs for me were in:

Ashenvale: Forest Song
Azuremist Isle: Azure Watch
Boodmist Isle: Blood Watch
Desolace: Nijel's Point
Dustwallow Marsh: Theramore, Mudsprocket, etc.

I finished off in Dustwallow. Once I got to about 650 quests, I knew it would be a fairly smooth home-stretch, and it was. I nailed 700/700 on my 3,000th quest which was totally unplanned but awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment